I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Food and Health



I recently discovered Kris Carr's website Crazy Sexy Life (CSL). I have considered myself a polo vegetarian since October of 2008 when I stopped eating beef. After I stopped eating beef I lost 20-30 pounds within a year. I would still sneak pepperoni or eat sausage not realizing the effects it was having on my body. I stopped eating anything that have beef in it as well and limited the amount of meat I consumed. In the summer of 2008 I discovered my love for organic yogurt. I never liked yogurt until I tried it. Many times for breakfast I will cut up an apple and mix it with the french vanilla flavored yogurt.

I believe that food and health are connected. Kris Carr believes the same thing. She has taken a holistic approach to her health. I am hoping in this upcoming year that I will be able to follow by example. So far I am having fun finding recipes that I like and putting the food together. I love all the colors of the food and how I am feeling after I eat. I am hoping I can keep it up.




No comments:

Post a Comment