I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Becoming a Pain Survivor



I help co-run a RSD Group on Facebook, when I came across a plea from a sister who's brother has RSD my heart went out to their family. It mostly reminded me of the start of my journey with this condition. I was scared, nervous, and didn't know what to expect.


Ive always been able to express how I feel both emotionally and physically. Thanks to a great friend who also has RSD, I was able to accept my new life and embrace it. I had to see a pain psychologist due to getting a Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted. She re-assured me that I could become a nurse I would just need a few accommodations in the work force.


Over the years these tips have helped me become a pain survivor:


1. Find someone you trust that you can talk to, it can be a family member, friend, or therapist


2. Find time to relax and decompress from your day, pain is often worse at night so let those muscles start to relax


3. Find a hobby or start volunteering

No comments:

Post a Comment