I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Stress and How it Relates to Life


Stress can be very potent in someone's life. A little bit of stress here and there can build up to be a lot of stress for some people. Especially if the person already has a chronic condition the stress can worsen their condition.


For me I tend to get very stressed out. I like knowing I have some kind of control over the situation that I am in. I believe that once I got RSD I realized that I didn't have control over the pain I was feeling, the RSD did. Since than I have been trying to be in control and get control over the pain by taking medication and getting a SCS. Still I am in the habit of wanting things to go a certain way and if they don't, getting very stressed out over it. This has caused extra pain and now issues with my digestive system. I have noticed lately that my stomach hurts more when my body is stressed from lack of sleep or from being stressed out. This is simply because the digestive system shuts down during times of stress. I have also been avoiding certain foods that cause me to get overly sick.


I am hoping that I will be able to control the amount of stress that my body is able to take. So far one week into the semester so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment