I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Monday, January 11, 2010

How to Manage Chronic Pain with Food

Since I last saw my Primary Doctor I have become stricter on my vegetarian diet and I am feeling better because of it. The more fruits and veggies I eat the better I feel both with my RSD and with my stomach issues. I have been having a hard time because of the cold, so Ive been trying to stay as warm as I can so that my body doesn't over react.

Yesterday after Church I made my mom and I a great vegetarian and filling lunch. I steamed some cucumbers and carrots with some salt and pepper. I then wrapped the vegetables in a tortilla wrap with a tad of Italian dressing. It was great and it left me wanting more. I love discovering new recipes and craving veggies instead of food that isn't healthy.

I came across an article that connects food and how it affects chronic pain. The article as talks about other remedies that can help relieve pain. Please check the article out. I am hoping to get more Omega 3's, Omega 6, and Omega 9 into my diet so that I can get the best anti-inflammatory affect that I can.


http://www.alive.com/website/1375a4a2.php?text_page=1

No comments:

Post a Comment