I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

This Is Me

Ive always been an upfront person. I will not disrespect people's opinions but will tell them what I am thinking. I guess you can say that I have a bit of my mom in me.

When my RSD came back full force at the age of 17 I lost a part of myself. I wasn't the athletic girl that I once was. I had to quite swim team halfway through the season because my foot was acting up too much. I could barely make it through practice without wanting to scream. When I got the RSD in my right arm I had to give up driving, get home tutored, and lost many friends. It became to the point in my senior year of high school that no one wanted to be near the "sick kid". Once I got my SCS I was elated because for me it meant freedome. I wasnt painfree but able to function enough to go to college.

Once I got to College and was living in a dorm I was able to find the true me. I was able to take time to accept my pain and get to really know what I wanted to do with my life. I believe I will forever have chronic pain. At the same time though I believe that I can make a difference in the amount of pain I experience by what I eat and simply how I view my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment