I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Having A Bit of Courage


We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt
At least once in a person's life, a person has to dig within them and find some courage. With and RSDer we have to dig down and find that courage more often than the average person.
I have had to find that courage since I was 12. Since my diagnosis I have had to endure 9 nerve blocks, 2 Tunnled Epidural Catheters, a stay in a Rehab Hospital, a trial Spinal Cord Stimulator, and a permanent Spinal Cord Stimulator. If it wasn't for God and my family and friends giving me the courage I need to go through all of this then I dont know what I would do.
Im simply blessed for the life I live. Im blessed that I have access to fresh vegteables and have a wonderful Pain Management Dr who believes in me.
Where do you get your courage from? Is it from your friends and family or from other people who support you?

No comments:

Post a Comment