I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Those Who Motivate Us

Last night I was filling out a scholarship application and it got me to thinking about what actually motivates me. Each of us has something that motivates us whether it be a significant other, a goal, or even a life long dream. These motivations help us get through the everyday grind. They help us realize the bigger picture in the long run.

When I was twelve I never realized how much my life was going to change once I sprained my left wrist. My life has been blessed from the people who have been put in it, the challenges I have had to face, and the accomplishments I have made. I say that I'm blessed from my challenges because they have helped me learn about who I am this also includes getting RSD. If someone where to ask me if I could take it all back, I honestly don't know if I would.

About six months after getting RSD my Uncle got very sick and passed away. From watching the nurses taking care of him in the hospital came my desire to become a nurse. From my continuous treatments and visits to my PM's office my desire to become a nurse has grown simply from being with my Uncle the last weeks of his life. My Uncle was always supportive of me and stepped in as a substitute Grandfather he had passed away before I was born. It saddens me to know he isn't here to see me in college. I have two motivations; my Uncle and my RSD, both have helped me realize how blessed I am to be in college and be succeeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment