I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Refreshed

This past weekend was a great time to help me get refreshed for the upcoming week. As I mentioned before I have several tests before finals and I needed an environment to study and need to get some healing food. One of the things that helped me loose the tension this weekend was to cook.
I absolutely love putting different ingredients together and knowing something scrumptious is going to come of it. Also since becoming vegan I have become more receptive to trying new food and love to discover new flavors. On Saturday my dad and I went to the store and bought some stuff that we just generally needed. I of course brought stuff that I could bring back to school and would help me get through finals. Things like celery, strawberries, apples, ect. that are convenient yet nutritious. I also bought some vegan veggie burgers which I had one of that night. My dad made burgers on the grill and I had my own vegan version. I was happy though that he went for the vegetarian backed beans when I suggested it and he even ate them. I say this because anyone who knows him knows he is extremely picky.

I had two tests today, I started the day off with a almond milk, banana, apple and hemp protein smoothie. I defenitly see a differnce in how I feel, compared to last semester at this same time. I am still tired and hurting RSD wise ect., but I have more energy too and my stamina is up. I am always excited to discover new foods that I can eat and their "powers".


Here are two pictures of the meals I made over the weekend.


Tofu Scramble

Made Sunday Morning

Rice, Beans, and Almonds

Made on Sunday

brought the rest back to school

Sorry the pictures are dark, I took them with my phone.

Until next time!

Sending Healing Thoughts to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment