I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Who Are You?

WHO, What, When, Why, How? Are the questions we are taught to ask and answer through Elementary School through College. These questions not only apply to us being in school but our everyday lives also.

We tend to let society define who we are. A lot of people if asked to define themselves usually define themselves by their profession; teacher, mom, college student, ect. People dont realize that this is letting society define them and thats not exactly 100% a bad thing. We do need to find who we really are.

The only way to find who we really are is to find ourselves in God. Building a relationship with God is the way each one of us will be able to find our real selves. Having a relationship with God has helped me with my journey with RSD. God has shown me that I am stronger than I thought I thought I was. He has also given me a desier to help others who also have chronic pain by becoming a Nurse and then hopefully a Nurse Practitioner.

Today was a beautiful day and I was able to spend a great amount of time outside with some great friends. Friends also help define who we are since we spend so much time with time. My good friend Rebecca and I made a door sign for my other friend Mike since it was his Birthday. Rebecca and I had a great time collecting the supplies from Campus Activities and making the sign itself. We also had 6 balloons which Rebecca blew up (I have bad lungs) and we hung them all over Mike's door along with the sign. I got a call and he was very appreciative of it. :-)

Sending Healing thoughts to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment