I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Live, Lauph, Love

The past couple days have been hard for me. With the temperatures suddenly taking a downward turn and the rain coming in my body didn't know how to handle it. Thankfully the extra pill I was allowed to take helped the pain a little as well as extra rest. On Thursday night after my last class I was truly excited to change and know that I could stay in the rest of the night and sleep in the next day.

Every once in a while I'm in class I will doodle on my notes when nothing too exciting is going on. I have heard that doodling during class or during a meeting can actually improve memory. Here is a study that was conducted of doodling http://www.newsweek.com/id/186738. The thing that I doodle the most is "Live, Laugh, Love". We have all seen these words on plaques or picture frames but what do they really mean? Well here's my interpretation.


Live:

Evey one of us lives a life, but do we really live? There are people that don't start living their life until they get diagnosed with a chronic condition. My RSD taught me to live my life and to never take advantage of the good days I had.

Laugh:

Each of us needs to be able to laugh at ourselves. If we aren't able to then what gives us the right to join in the jokes positioned at others? Each of us makes mistakes and being able to laugh at those mistakes not only shows other people we have a sense a humor but can help lower stress levels as well.

Love:

Loving one another is important. Forming relationships is one of the most essential components of being a human. We all might have great relationships with our pets but eventually we are going to need human contact. Love conquers hate and finds compassion for the people in your life who have hurt you emotionally and physically. A lot of times we forgive for ourselves not for the person who is hurting us.

2 comments:

  1. I found your site from CrazySexyLife.com. You are a remarkable girl and I wish you the best. This post is pretty amazing. Keep Smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenni!
    I've always loved the "Live, Lauph,Love" quote.I've always wondered though how they were defined and this is my interperitation of that.

    ReplyDelete