I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Treating Pain

Treating chronic pain has been tough for all Doctors alike. Doctors are not taught in medical school how to treat chronic pain. Actually most Doctors do not like taking on chronic pain patients, especially those with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. Doctors dont like taking on chronic pain patients because they are so hard to treat, RSDers especially.

I have been blessed with two amazing Dr's who fully believe in me. My Pain Management Dr has been looking for a cure for RSD and wont give up until he finds one. He is devoted to his patients and making sure they get the best pain relief possible.

Here is an article on treating Pediatric Chronic Pain. Thankfully I was able to find an amazing Dr who has helped me get through these last 8 years.




No comments:

Post a Comment