I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

School Lunches

School Lunches have never been known for their great nutritional quality. I remember packing my lunch all the way through school (thanks to my amazing parents). Only buying my lunch on the rare occasions that I forgot my lunch or something "good" was being served that day for lunch.

Now that I am in college I miss those days that I would open my lunch box or bag and find a cute note on occasion from my mom. These days I struggle to find a nutritional meal in our college cafeteria and most days leave hungry. My parents have been supportive with my life style and help me keep my room stocked with vegetarian soups, fresh veggies, and frozen veggies for the occasion that I cant make it to a meal or that I just need something to eat.

A teacher in Illinois is finally sticking up for her students. At the start of the 2010 year she started eating lunch everyday in the cafeteria to see the nutritional quality of the food. She has a blog if you would like to follow along. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but will soon.

Here is the article: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/would-you-volunteer-to-eat-school-lunch-every-day-to-prove-a-point-this-teacher-did-1157394/

Here is her blog; Fed Up With Lunch: http://fedupwithschoollunch.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment