I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tough Week

This past weekend has been a tough one for a couple of good friends of mine as well as me. My friend's grandma past away late last Tuesday night. She was also like a granmother to me as well. Growing up I only really had my Great-grandma and Grandma on my Dad's side. These particular friends let me call both sets of grandparents Grandma and Grandpa. Ive always felt like I was their grandchild so for me it was like losing a grandparent. Her memorial service was yesterday. To help out the family my mom, dad, and I helped with the food peperation and just helped provide moral support. Since I am on Spring Break this week my mom and I are going to try to stop and see her husband ("my Grandpa"). I am hoping to make and bring him some Vegan Brownies I found a recipie for.

On the lighter side of things I found a great recipie for Vegan Banana Bread which I am going to make tomorrow. I am happy to be home so that I am able to experiment with Vegan / Vegeterian Recipies. At Walmart tonight I found the meat substitutes for ground beef, ch'kn
nuggets, and even bacon. I know they are made out of soy but at least I will be able to get some protein and eatting healthy while not giving up some of the things that I once loved. I am eatting my green veggies too. My stomach has been bothering the last few days. I am guessing this is due to the death of "my grandma". Spring Break came at the perfect time.

I will let you know how the Banana Bread turns out once I make it.

Sending Healing Thoughts to all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment