I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Pain Management

I have always been blessed when its came to Pain Management. When I was first diagnosed at 12 yrs old by a Orthopedist I was referred to the Cleveland Clinic's Pain Management Dept, to the Orthopedic's college who happens to be the head RSD Dr. in the Department. Since then I have gotten great care.

My Dr. has always listened to me, my file is even red flagged, not by my choice or my mom's but my Dr's. He understands that if something is wrong that we would want to get in asap, and does his best to do so. He has fit me in between his scheduled appointments before. I am very grateful that I have my Dr. He's treated me for the last almost 8 yrs. He has never given up on me and as said by his Nurse Practitioner that Im one of his miracle patience, since I was able to re-gain my life.

I think its important that people are able to get the pain relief that they need. If its going with traditional western medicine, non-traditional eastern medicine or even a bit of both. Pain affects your body by causing other parts of your body to hurt. Having ways to help treat that pain whether it be pain medicine, SCS, acupuncture, or even food is not only going to help you feel good knowing that your doing something to treat your pain but actually reducing that pain.

I have had a supper busy week. For my pain I am back on my original medicine, ultracet and tramadol. My Dr has suggested I take two Tramadols since I haven't tried that yet. I have been on two ultracets but taken off because the amount of tylenol. I was then reduced to one tramadol and the pain was bad. I was then put on the one ultracet and one tramadol (taken together) to help reduce the Tylenol amount but get the benefits of the Tylenol). I am still deciding what I am going to do since it seems that my body needs the tylenol in the ultracet for the anti-inflammatory affect. It would also help if it stoped snowing!...lol Driving home today for spring break it looked more like winter break, especially when I got to my exit which is right were the snow belt is.

Here is a youtube video of my Dr, Dr. Michael Stanton-Hicks on Pain Management
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QIc4hZlRJQ

No comments:

Post a Comment