I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Life Is Good!

Hi All! I hope you are all having a great week and enjoying the lovely weather, I know I am. I have to keep this a little short since my dog is waiting for me to take her on our nightly walk.

I have been having an awesome time eating foods that are nourishing my body, one bite at a time. I actually became a little attached to a veggie sub I started making. My dad had left over hoggie buns from his lunch this week so I grilled one on our stove grill and cut up some fresh vegetables that we had (green pepper, cucumber, celery). I added a bit of spinach and veganise and olala it was soo good! Its perfect for a hot day way no one doesn't want to cook.



Not too much has been going on here. I went to my Pain Management Dr's yesterday to get my SCS reprogrammed. He suggested that I get it reprogramed last time that I saw him. All I had to do was see his nurse practitioner and the Medtronics Representative. The Medtronics Representative checked my battery and let me know the reason that I had to turn my battery up more is because my battery is starting to go. I have a 3-5 year battery and I have had it implanted since December 2007 so it will be 4 years in December. She gave me the signs to look for and my remote will let me know when to call the Dr. I just hope it doesn't happen during the school year. She told me it shouldn't and that I probably have a year left but that is just an estimate.
After the Dr's Appointment my mom and I went to Khols. Since I have lost so much weight in the last year because of becoming vegan I dong have any shorts (besides athletic ones) to wear. I got some really cute shorts and tops which fit me with out me having to go and getting a bigger or smaller size. I had a gift card too so the clothes were needed and were a gift to myself for all of my hard work this year. Also to show off a bit in NYC (we all like to show off, admit it!).
Well I'm off to go on my walk. My dog won't stop crying...lol. I'm reading an interesting book about medical symptoms and would like to share with you some concepts. I will have to next time.


Healing Thoughts!!


* P.S. The Concert on Monday was awesome, I got to see Friends I havent seen in a while. Its always great to get away and enjoy some music for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment