I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Day for ALL Women

First I want to say Happy Mothers Day to everyone who has raised a child, is currently or is currently raising a child if it is yours biologically or not.

I have been blessed by being surrounded by so many wonderful women who have helped raise me these last 20 yrs. These women range from my 2 grandmas (one is my great-grandma, both on Dad's side) my aunts on my Mom's Side, my friend's mom who is like a second mom to me and my mom of course. Its hard to mention all the women who have been an influence on me because I could keep going on and on. These women have also been influenced by their mom's and other women before them which simply amazes me.
Mother's Day is a day to recognize those women who have taken the time to raise a child. It is also a day to take the time to help influence the younger generation. I'm not talking about influencing them in a bad way but to show the younger generation how women come together to raise a child and how we all come together to get things done. As Pastor Mark said today; God put something in women that he didn't in men. He gave women the ability to nourish and care. My Professor last semester said that women will always feel guilty whether it having to go to work and leave her child or staying home with sick child and worrying about the person who had to take her shift at work. Women just have this guilty feeling because we care.
Pictures from Last Night:

My neice and I
My Aunt, Mom and Sister

After all these years of have RSD and after 2 years of living away from home (in a dorm) it makes me realize how much my mom cares and loves me. During two of my hospital stays my mom never left my side, she came to all of my procedures, and still comes to my Dr's Appointments to help advocate for me. I love my mom so much.
Last night my mom, sister Missy, niece Cassie, and Aunt Barb went to the Horse Racetrack. I didn't know what to expect since Ive never been there. The only think I knew about Horse races was from Pretty Woman...lol. Since I was over 18 I was allowed to gamble on the races. I just helped my mom in picking out her horses instead. The horses I picked always ended up in the top 3 except for 2 races out of 8. I had a great time with my family, we had a nice dinner and a nice evening together.

Today we had brunch for Mother's Day. I had a Tofu Scramble which was extremely good. I then helped one of our good family friends learn about veganism and introduced her to almond milk and coconut milk yogurt (my favorite). I actually just got done sending her some recipes so that she can try them out this week. She is from India where they follow a mostly Vegetarian / Vegan diet anyway. The couple became Americanised in some of their diet and she wanted to know my "secret". I hope she does well this week and I will let you all know how she does.

Sending Healing Thoughts to All!








No comments:

Post a Comment