I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Keeping Busy


Hello Healers!!

I apologies for the lack of communication. I have been having a great time with my family, friends, and boyfriend that Im exausted when I get home. I have been pushing my body and flair one or two days a week but to me its been worth it. Hanging out with friends has been healing for me.

About two weeks ago I discovered roasted vegetables. Ive been reading from other's blogs how good they are. Once I made them I couldnt get enougph. Now Im not going back to steamed vegetables unless a recipies calls for them.

A good friend and I went to the beach earlier this week for some girl time and some R&R. We stoped at a half price book store that was near by to see if there was any Vegan Cookbooks. She had picked up a health cookbook a couple days before and that sparked my inital intrest. I found a book that was more than half off and was well worth it. The book is called "The Vegeterian Family Cookbook " by Nava Atlas. It shows you that you can make recipies vegan by adding soy yogurt vs regular yogurt, daiya cheese vs cheese made from milk. Ive made three recipies with this book and loved each one.

Today at a Garage Sale I got a book that talks about Macrobiotics. Ive heard about Macrobiotics and have been curious so finding this book for a $1 made me excited. I have a month till school starts so hopefully this will keep me busy during the days Im not keeping myself busy.

Thanks all for being great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment