I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Back to West Virginia!

On Thursday my mom, dad, and I will be traveling back to West Virginia.

My mom is from West Virginia and two of my Aunts and my one Uncle still live down there. We are going down there for my mom's Community Annual Reunion. She grew up with her cousins and other family around her. When we go back its great to see everyone but this reunion gives my mom an opportunity to see everyone who has moved away to different states.

Now West Virgina isn't that Vegetarian or Vegan friendly. So each time I go I have to go shopping and pack me a cooler of food. Now for me that's a little hard to do since I don't exactly plan out my daily food menu. I eat what my body craves and what food we have in the house. I do go off of recipes I want to make during the week when I go shopping but never plan out the day when I am going to make it.

Ive made vegan brownies for the hotel that I know my Aunt from Virginia will love. I have also stocked up on Yves meatless meat and Yves meatless hot dogs. I'm thinking of making cupcakes for the trip and reunion as well since I know my brownies will go fast.

I am really excited to see my youngest cousins who are 4 and 2. I got them some presents that I will be able to play with them.

I will be updating after I come back from the trip. I hope you are all having a great summer and enjoying the beautiful weather. I'm very blessed that I live near one of the fresh water lakes which provides beautiful scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment