I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Brad's Memorial

J and I

Hello Health Nuts!!

I hope you are all doing great. Life for me is busyer than ever. It seems that I get done with one subject of homework only to start another. I have at least 1-2 papers due a week, math homework due every other day (M-W-F) and constant studying for my Nutrition and Organic Chem classes.

Last weekend J and I went down to West Virginia for my Cousin Brad's Memorial. It was so touching that 40-50 people would come out to honor his short life. The place where part of his ashes were scartered was absolutely beautiful. I had never been there before, and wasn't use to the roads we had to go on to get there. There was tons of food, ATV rides, and telling stories about Brad's life.
There was a beautiful memorial constructed at the top of the hill. We all gathered there and had a little service. I was put in charge of the little kids painting rocks to put around Brad's memorial on the hill and we did this after the service.


He was painting rocks for Brad but decided to play


After Brad's memorial,J and I went to his Grandparent's house. Due to the stress of the day, the roads, and the long car ride my body was exausted and simply sick. I was happy to go to sleep and to get some rest.



Painting rocks for Brad


I have an amazing family that would come together like this. I love each of them so much and still love Brad even though he isnt on earth anymore.

2 comments:

  1. sending prayers to you and your family xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great blog and I identify with your story so much. I just started a blog that is very similar to yours (www.gainfrompain.blogspot.com) and I would love if you would check it out and give me any feedback that you have. Keep on fighting!

    ReplyDelete