I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Healing From Surgery / Birthday

Hello Healers!

I hope you are all doing well. I am recovering from my recent surgery pretty well and anxious to get my stitches out soon. They are getting dry and itchy and just not fun to have. I am a little score still and cant lay on my right side that long, or wear clothes yet that squeezes my hip area. I am happy though that I have most of my energy back even though I get completely exausted at the end of the day still.

I started back at school last Monday. I transfered to another college as I knew I couldnt make myself go back to the one I previously went to. It didnt make since to me that I was going to a college that I felt like I was going around in circles and couldnt get out no matter how hard I tried. I studied to the point to that I was making myself physicaly sick with making the RSD in my stomach worse and getting horrible tension headaches. They also wouldnt accomidate me foodwise so why pay all the money I was to go to that school?

I love were I am going now. I live in a suite with 5 other girls, 3 of the girls have their own rooms while I share a room with one of them. The girl I share the room with is also a nursing-transfer student so we are in the same place and taking most of the same classes.

My mom threw me a little BBQ / Birthday Party today. Some of my family and family friends came over to enjoy the last weekend of summer even though the weather was already a bit cool. We went to Whole Foods yesterday to get my Vegan Cake which was delicious. I recieved a few gifts for my dorm, to get my hair done, and some cards. J is taking me out to dinner tomorrow on my actual Birthday. I cant believe Im gonna be 21! I will post pictures after tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes from my surgery. I am healing from it wonderfuly and my RSD pain is undercontrol once again.

2 comments:

  1. I am happy to hear you are healing well!!

    I'm going crazy wanting a shower lol I get my staples out Weds...which isn't so far away. But, the SCS is amazing so it's worth it...

    I hope this new college works out better for you! And Happy Birthday!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea!

    I so understand wanting to take a shower...its driving me crazy too!...lol. Ive been taking "half showers" (not getting my back wet)but its not the same. Im so happy the SCS is working great for you. I get my stitches out Wednesday to so yay for us!!

    ReplyDelete