I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Surgery + New Job

On Saturday night I was adjusting the settings on my Spinal Cord Stimulator. The remote in which I was adjusting my battery informed me that my battery needs changed. This is a bit problematic especially since Im going back to school in two weeks.


Another problem is that my wonderful Doctor of 8 1/2 yrs got into a car crash a couple weeks ago and isnt able to use his hands at the moment. I will update when I get my surgery date as his Nurse Practitioner is trying to squeeze me into the scheduel before I go back to school. I may only have a few days to recover from a same-day surgery before I go back.


For some good news I found out last week that I got the Book Store Job on Campus that I really wanted. It is not concidered work-study so I may have to work more and the hours may change week to week but I am not sure of that. I train on Wednesday and with my SCS battery starting to go Im really nervous. I dont want to turn it up more than I have to but I am hurting more since its not working properly. I am thankfully still getting coverage (please pray it stays that way till the surgery).




*Sending Healing Thoughts*

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I hope it continues to work until then and that you are able to get the surgery before school starts. I also hope your doctor is ok.

    I can kinda relate, I'm getting a second SCS put in the day before school starts...missing the first few days (my RSD spread to my foot after hip surgery at the start of the summer). Better than not being able to walk though...

    I hope it all works out well.

    ReplyDelete