I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Loving Yourself

For the Average American who is bombarded with the media Loving Oneself is hard to do. Throw in a Chronic Illness or Chronic Pain and high Self Esteem and Loving Oneself is pretty much non-existent.

All people whether they have a Chronic Illnesses / Chronic Pain or not have a choice to make and that is to Love Oneself. That may seem impossible due to life's circumstances and what the media says we need to look like to be perfect and appealing to the opposite sex. Honestly we just need to Love Ourselves and the glow and confidence you have will show your partner or future partner how you take care of yourself, how you love others, and how you will love him (or her).


Here are Tips to Loving Yourself:

1) Be Honest with yourself about how valuable you are or you think you are - After I started taking care of my body better I treated myself better. I got rid of most of the negativity in my life.

2) Share with others - Some people with Chronic Pain or Chronic Illnesses are not able to work but volunteer to get the fulfillment out of it. For me I like to work or do some activity to stay busy while being able to help others.

3) Forgive Yourself - If you were ever told you weren't worthy or were compared to someone you despise, its not true. You are worthy and you are your own self.

4) Learn to let go - A lot of people have had a bad childhood / beginning / moments and have a hard time opening back up. Sometimes its best to talk about those feelings with someone which helps you let them go.

5) Love is a feeling not a choice - Choose to love yourself

6) What is feeling your emptiness? - Fill that place with love instead of objects, food, alcohol, ect.

You don't have to be miserable living with a Chronic Illnesses / Chronic Pain. We can be just as happy as those who are completely pain free and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment