I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Starting Off

So Im starting off hoping that this blog will help me not only raise awareness of RSD but help reach out to other RSDers and help them as well as I, understand this condition that we live with on a daily basis.

At this point it seems that my RSD is somewhat controlled but it has spread. I originally got RSD when I was 12 in my left arm. Thanks to an amazing Dr. I went into a semi-remission for a few years. Three years after my first episode of RSD I sprained my right ankle and it spread there. Since I was active on my high school's swim team I was able to get into another semi-remission. Not long after I sprained my ankle, about two years I smashed my pointer finger on my right hand and it spread to my arm. Ive been battling my RSD in all three limbs since. I now believe it has spread into my stomach. I can barely eat without getting nauseas and it hurting like nothing else. There has been several days that I can barely get out of bed because the pain and the nausea is so bad. Dr's haven't found anything wrong with me, and my Pain Management Dr. does believe that my stomach issues can be RSD.

Im hoping this blog will help others as well as me as we all battle this little thing called RSD. We all half to be strong even though sometime we just don't feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment