I am an Undergraduate Student who has Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and embraces the Vegan lifestyle. Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is a Chronic Neurological Condition that I hope and pray there will be a cure to one day. Until then I live my life to the fullest, embrassing the life the Good Lord has given me.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Distraction and Life


With a pain as severe as RSD it is helpful to come up ways to help become distracted from the pain. Every person who has Chronic Pain has their own techniques to distract themselves during the day. Over the years I have came up with a good number of things that helps keep my mind distracted when I am experiencing a good amount of pain.


One of my main distractions is school. Due to studying my mind is distracted and I am focused on something else instead of my pain. I also stay distracted by spending time with my friends. They help in ways that they don't even know. Another good distraction is my dog. I'm not home much but when I love spending time with her when I am.


Of course life isn't perfect and these distractions are not going to work for everyone. They dont work for me every time I have a painflair either. I hope that you all have distrations that work for you.


Please check out http://fightingagainstrsd.tripod.com/id25.html for ways other RSDers survive living with RSD.






No comments:

Post a Comment